Job Opening - Structural Engineering Projects Manager
ICPI-NCMA, the national trade association representing the producers and suppliers of a variety of manufactured concrete products, is seeking a Structural Engineering Project Manager, Masonry (remote-optional)
The Structural Engineering Project Manager, Masonry is responsible for the development, delivery, administration, and supervision of technical programs and projects for ICPI-NCMA. They will serve as a technical resource to all audiences, including association members, design professionals, contractors, and other users of manufactured concrete products. The primary focus for this position is structural engineering of masonry products (including concrete masonry units and manufactured stone veneer). The Manager ma also provide technical support for segmental pavement and segmental retaining wall technical activities as well. This position will report to the Vice President of Engineering and Advocacy, Masonry.
We are committed to helping you grow in this position. Responsibilities for the successful candidate in this position will include:
- Act as a technical resource for members, contractors, designers, and other users of manufactured concrete products with a focus on masonry products.
- Assist in developing structural engineering technical resources (including technical bulletins, manuals, research reports, and more) to support the effective use of member products.
- Participate in developing and revising education programs for designers, installers, instructors, academics, and government agencies.
- Present courses and continuing education programs for engineers, instructors, academic, government agencies, and design professionals.
- Support implementation of product certification and plant certification programs.
- Participate in response to technical inquiries on use of products and systems to members, design professionals, and contractors, directing them to relevant association resources for specific applications.
- Participate in technical committees of other related associations and standards development organizations, particularly those focused on structural engineering and use.
- Provide support for association activities, including:
- Interact, liaise and support in the development of programs that fulfill the ICPI-NCMA mission and Strategic Plan.
- Interact with membership at membership meetings, serving as staff liaison to committees and technical task groups as assigned.
- Represent ICPI-NCMA at industry events (including but not limited to symposiums, conferences, trade shows, etc.).
- Serve as staff manager for ICPI and NCMA Foundation projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Two or more years of experience in masonry design and/or construction.
- Registered professional engineer or ability to become registered.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct association programs and support staff.
- Proven writing, speaking, mathematical, and presentation skills.
- Ability to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the phone.
- Competence in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong time management skills.
ICPI-NCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, professional development opportunities, remote work options and much more! To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Structural Engineering Project Manager, Masonry”.
ICPI-NCMA is the national trade association representing the producers, suppliers, and contractors of segmental manufactured concrete products, including concrete block, manufactured stone veneer, segmental retaining walls, segmental concrete pavements, and articulating concrete block. Our mission is that ICPI-NCMA is the authority for segmental concrete products and systems, which are the best value and preferred choice for resilient pavement, structures, and living spaces. Through leadership, promotion, education, research, government relations and partnering, ICPI-NCMA ensures that members’ products are the building materials of choice. ICPI-NCMA is the industry expert and primary information source for concrete masonry and related products. Our headquarters are in Herndon, VA, and our members are in all regions of the US and Canada.