I want to organize an SRW Installer Course, how do I get started?+
1. The sponsor needs an NCMA authorized trainer. If you have a trainer in house you are ready, but if you don’t you can find one here. (select SRW Trainer in the dropdown box)
2. Notify NCMA of the course details using the Notification Form at least 45 days in advance of the course date.
You will need to:
a. Decide who the contact person for the course will be. NCMA will send regular registration reports to the sponsor contact identified, if Option 2 for registration is selected. The sponsor contact (along with the instructors) is ultimately responsible for the prompt return of exams to NCMA after the course is complete.
b. Decide what type of registration you want to have and how much you will charge:
Option 1: The sponsor does the registration independently (paper or online).
Option 2: NCMA does the registration online for the sponsor at the price the sponsor selects.
c. Send a completed Notification Form to NCMA at email@example.com. Once received, NCMA will place the course in the calendar and setup online registration for the course, if applicable.
3. NCMA will send the contact person a confirmation email, place your course in our online calendar, and send you a link to order course materials (course materials are $20). The material is nonrefundable but it can be reused. Standard shipping is free.
4. Your company determines fee for the class. The expenses include: course materials ($20), exam fee ($130), speaker expenses, meeting room, food, etc.
5. The trainer teaches the class, mails back all the exams to NCMA, and emails a list of all the students that take the SRW Installer Exam.
6. NCMA will take care of grading and notifying all students.
7. NCMA will send a report to the speaker and company contact person about the students’ grades and class evaluations.
8. NCMA will invoice the sponsor/trainer for the number of exams processed or reimburse the sponsor for the fees collected. If the sponsor uses NCMA’s online registration the sponsor will be mailed a refund from NCMA for the amount collected over the NCMA fee.
The courses available to sponsor are as follows:
• SRW Installer Level I Course – requires one full day, including breaks and lunches. Allow approximately 8 hours of instruction time and 1-2 hours for the exam.
• Advanced Residential SRW Installer Course – requires one full day, including breaks and lunches. Allow approximately 6 hours of instruction time and 1-2 hours for the exam
Can I still do the registration myself?+
Yes, you can. Select Option 1 when submitting your notification form and please remember to submit a list of the people that took the NCMA exam to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can be an instructor?+
Courses must be conducted by at least one NCMA SRW Installer Trainer. The sponsor may find authorized trainers here. (select SRW Installer-Trainer in the dropdown menu)
What kind of promotion will I need for the course?+
A key success factor is the sponsor’s promotion of the course. This may include adding a link to registration form/site on your company website, including the course information in e-newsletters, sending out email blasts or mailings, promoting through social media, etc.
What kind of expenses are involved?+
Your company determines pricing for the class to cover:
• NCMA materials and exam: The total cost per person is $150 that includes the $20 for materials/person (nonrefundable) and the exam fee $130/person. This totals $150/student.
• Instructor fees: the sponsor is responsible for negotiating pricing and travel expenses with the instructor.
• Meeting space and Audio/Visual Equipment: The sponsor will likely need to rent a meeting room, projector and a screen. Appropriate arrangements would need to be made for someone who specifies a need related to ADA requirements.
• Food and beverages: Providing food and beverages for participants is left entirely up to the sponsor.
• To offset some of the expenses, the sponsor can decide to add to the class registration ($150/student). If the sponsor uses the NCMA Online Registration option, NCMA will refund the sponsoring member the money collected in excess of the class fee.
What materials are needed?+
Student manuals and other materials are ordered by the sponsor (3 weeks before the event) and shipped to the address specified by the sponsor. The sponsor is responsible for onsite distribution of manuals to registered and paid attendees. Unused manuals can be reused in future classes.
The sponsor orders from the NCMA print-on-demand service the SRW Installer Course packets. Each packet contains: an exam, evaluation form, installation experience forms and class literature.
Sponsors should provide the instructors with a variety SRW samples, geogrid and local aggregate.
The day after the conclusion of the course and exam, the sponsoring member/instructor must return all exam booklets, evaluations and completed Scantron exam forms to NCMA at the address below.
SRW Installer Course
13750 Sunrise Valley Dr.
Herndon, VA 20171
What happens after the course?+
NCMA grades the exams and issues Records of Completion and other notifications by mail to all students within 6 weeks of the class, provided the exams and full payment have been received. Once collected and tabulated, NCMA will also send exam and evaluation reports to the sponsor contact and the instructors.