Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ICON-Xchange?+
The 2020 ICON-Xchange is continuing to evolve to reflect the way our tight-knit community does business. Building on the success of the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 events, the B2B Exchange and NEW Innovation Center are the right size for our industry and the program welcomes current partners while providing opportunities to expand with new partners through two new features:.
- The B2B Exchange offers one-on-one time with specific vendors and producers and a more efficient method of connecting with those uniquely relevant to your business.
- The Innovation Center is a new and exciting hub of ICON-Xchange where networking, learning and collaborating will take place between suppliers and producers.
How many people are expected to attend ICON-Xchange? Who are they?+
The event is expected to attract 500-600 producers, distributors, suppliers and industry leaders from the manufactured concrete masonry and hardscape industry. These companies and individuals conduct business across North America and throughout the world.
What is the ICON-Xchange Innovation Center?+
The ICON-Xchange Innovation Center is a NEW hub where suppliers will showcase products, materials, equipment and services industry producers need, focusing on the manufactured concrete masonry and hardscape community. Producers can participate in the CMU Showcase & Forum, highlighting their company’s best block project. In addition to the Virtual Plant Tour, the Innovation Center will also hosts receptions to network.
What is the B2B Exchange?+
- B2B Exchange is a program for Associates (suppliers) to connect with Producers through private meetings, specific to each producer’s needs. Associates and Producers who participate benefit through direct dialogue and the efficiency and convenience of scheduled appointments, all condensed into a two-day event.
- The 2020 B2B Exchange is an exclusive event since access to the B2B hotel rooms are only accessible to B2B participants.
- B2B Exchange cuts through the randomness of a large trade show experience by putting buyers and sellers face-to-face through scheduled appointments in a relaxed hotel suite or room.
- B2B Exchange will have exclusive hours on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22, ensuring that no other NCMA events are planned at that time. Breakfasts, receptions and lunches for B2B Exchange participants will be held on Friday and Saturday.
How does the B2B Exchange work?+
- Leading Associates and Producers will receive an exclusive invitation to register for the B2B Exchange.
- Once participation is confirmed, Producers can request private one-on-one meetings with Associates in advance, utilizing an online scheduling system.
- Confirmed meetings allow Associates and Producers to identify agenda items or business presentation topics in advance.
- Meetings are 25 minutes long with 15 minutes between appointments.
- The hotel suites or rooms will be set up with meeting tables and chairs. Additional services such as A/V and refreshments may be ordered directly from the hotel and are subject to additional fees charged by the hotel.
What is the timing for participating in the B2B Exchange?+
June – July 31
Producers who would like to participate in the full ICON-Xchange experience – B2B Exchange, Innovation Center and NCMA Annual Convention – can save $200 off each of the regular Team Member Registration if registered by July 31.
June – October
Between now and October 1, industry suppliers and producers are invited to participate in the B2B Exchange and register their teams.
October – November
In mid-October, producers and B2B Hosts will receive a list of participants. Each company must select, in a ranking order, those Hosts or Producers that they would like to meet during the two-day event.
By December 16, after compiling all the meeting requests, NCMA will send each B2B Host and Producer Team Leader a schedule of specific meeting times.
How many people can each Producer and Associate team bring to B2B Exchange?+
Hotel suites or rooms are set up with conference-style meeting table or living room-style sofa and chairs to accommodate [7-10 people] depending on the level of commitment.
How can I reserve a B2B Exchange suite?+
B2B Hosts can reserve space by contacting Denise Sheehan by email or phone at (703) 713-1900 or complete the contract found here.
What are the host/exhibit fees and benefits?+
Are there additional Sponsorship opportunities?+
Yes, there are many levels of sponsorship participation. Find out more information here.