No stipend is given to the professor. Most of the schools will not allow the professor to accept it.
1. Set up a block plant tour for the students so that they become fully versed on how a block machine and/or big board machine works.
2. Explain the objectives for unit design competition
3. Arrange for a jury typically consisting of the following:
- Local Architect
- Local Landscape Architect
- Local Mason Contractor
- Local Producer
Jurors generally do this gratis and don’t charge – most consider it to be an honor. You might want to set up refreshments of some type.
4. Provide the prizes and certificates. Typical awards are:
- 1st: $250/team & Certificates
- 2nd: $150/team & Certificates
- 3rd: $100/team & Certificates
- Honorable Mention Certificates
Another good place for information and tips on setting up a competition are professors who have conducted these competitions at other universities. NCMA staff can assist with making contacts.