Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is NCMA having its traditional Midyear Meeting?+
No, the physical Midyear Meeting in Milwaukee is postponed until August 2021. Instead, NCMA will have a virtual Midyear Event, August 4-6, which will include innovative forums, learning opportunities, market segment sessions and networking opportunities.
2. Has NCMA held a virtual Midyear Event before?+
No, this is a new event created in response to safety and travel restrictions from COVID-19. NCMA looks to leverage this opportunity to engage an increased number of members and nonmembers than would otherwise not have been possible at a typical Midyear Meeting.
3. What are the dates and times of the Midyear Event?+
The Midyear Event will be held August 4-6. Check the website for a complete and updated listing of all event times.
4. What about committee meetings?+
Throughout June and July, NCMA will conduct its regular committee business through virtual meetings. Committee liaisons and chairs will be communicating with committee members about the details of those meetings. Committee recommendations and motions will be considered by the NCMA Board of Directors on August 6.
5. What is the cost to participate in the Midyear Event?+
Due to COVID-19, the registration fee for NCMA members has been waived. Nonmembers are welcome to participate for a nominal $99 registration fee.
6. If there is no registration fee, do I still need to register?+
Yes, everyone needs to register in order to gain access to the event platform that will include links to all the meetings and sessions.
7. Where is the schedule of sessions?+
The schedule is currently being finalized, but everyone can get an idea of what to expect at www.ncma.org/events/schedule. This web page will be updated as the schedule evolves.
8. Are there sponsorship opportunities?+
Yes, visit our website at www.ncma.org/events/sponsorships.
9. How will I know where to find the event times and links?+
On July 20, NCMA will send out an email with a link to all registered attendees to set up their login for the event engagement platform. Those that register after July 20 will receive this link with their registration confirmation.
10. What type of technology will I need to participate in the Midyear Event?+
The platform will be available through any web browser. The forums and events will be held via an online webinar meeting service (such as Zoom, WebEx, etc.) to be determined.
11. Will the sessions be recorded if I cannot attend at the live time?+
Yes, most sessions will be recorded and available for a few weeks following the event.