Dale Puskas inducted into NCMA Hall of Fame
Dale Puskas, special projects advisor and former vice president of Basalite Concrete Products, and former NCMA Chair of the Board, inducted into the NCMA Hall of Fame.
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – Dale Puskas, special projects advisor and former vice president of Basalite Concrete Products, Dixon, California, was presented with NCMA’s Hall of Fame award February 24 at the association’s Annual Convention held at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
NCMA’s Hall of Fame award is presented to the industry’s most valued participants whose careers are highlighted by continual accomplishments on the industry’s behalf, and who have demonstrated unquestioned dedication to NCMA’s highest values.
“Basalite is very proud that one of our own is being honored by the NCMA with the Hall of Fame award. Dale Puskas has committed his career to the concrete industry and with his leadership Basalite and the NCMA have benefited greatly” said Scott Weber, who was CEO of Basalite for twenty years and now member of the Basalite Board of directors. Scott presented Dale with this award. “We thank Dale and his family for the years of dedication that have helped build Basalite into the company it is today.”
Dale is credited with initiating the effort culminating in approval of changes to the NCMA bylaws in 2017 and a new structure beginning in 2018. He identified the need for a smaller and more efficient Board and actively worked with task groups, the Board and the membership initiatives to enact changes.
He has made multiple trips to Washington, DC to lobby for the CMU Checkoff program and was instrumental in securing bill co-sponsorships from western members of the House and Senate. He has also been active in developing governance structures and models for the Checkoff and been an advocate of the program within the Western states.
Dale has been a leader in our industry’s pursuit of developing digital modeling tools for concrete masonry with a particular emphasis on how such tools can change the nature of how business is done and how we can better present concrete masonry solutions.
Between 2002 and 2018, he chaired and served on numerous NCMA and Foundation committees including Chairman of the Board from 2014 to 2015.
- Actively involved in the development of NCMA’s Plant Certification program and Basalite became the first company with plants to achieve that certification.
- Provided a valuable role as a liaison to the Concrete Masonry Association of California and Nevada
- Instrumental in the integration of the Masonry Veneer Manufacturers Association into NCMA, beginning in 2013.
- Played a leadership role in the recognition of 25 years of NCMA representation of the SRW Industry
- Invested significant energy in improving collaboration with the Mason Contractors Association of America and the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
Dale has been supported through his career by his wife, René and two sons, Matt and Trent.
For a PDF of this story, click here.